Writing About Transformational Lives

It's been a while since I posted anything.  I have become a freelance writer for Urban Views Weekly.  Within that position, I've been able to listen to and highlight the transformational stories of people and organizations in Richmond, Virginia.  Here are the cover stories I've written thus far:

Young writers sharing their words at national poetry competition
I've had the privilege of interacting with this group of poets for a little over a year.  They embody what it means to courageously stand within and speak your life's truth.

VCU Professor uses theater to heal racism
Theatre is a powerful tool for engaging people in difficult discussions of difference.  I loved hearing the wisdom and journey of Dr. Tawnya Pettiford-Waites.

Tammy Hawley: From Clerical Help To Press Secretary to the Mayor
Life can be a surprising adventure when you live within what you're most passionate about.  Talking to Tammy Hawley inspired me to consider what doors might open for me if I focused more on what I love most.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great articles Camisha. I particularly enjoyed the poetry piece. Glad to see you have found another medium for developing and sharing your writing gifts. Looking forward to that gift finding its way into books!
Anonymous said…
Oh, sorry for anonymous comment. This is Howard P.

Popular posts from this blog

Spoken Word Poetry, Accessibility, and Hearing Loss: My 2017 Spoken Word Immersion Grant from The Loft Literary Center

Childhood's Double Meanings